Covid-19 Safe Practice Measures for Face to Face Clients
1) Clients should not attend therapy, face to face at the clinic, if they are experiencing the following symptoms or have come into contact/live with someone who has (e.g. family, friends or work colleagues):
a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If clients are unable to attend the clinic, online counselling may be offered. However, this option requires clients to be able to find a private space, free from distraction or being overheard.
2) The client contract and all other documentation shall be sent via email to avoid handling paperwork.
3) All session times have been adjusted to allow for a 20-25 minute gap. This is to lessen the need for clients to wait in the waiting area and allow touched surfaces to be cleaned before the beginning of the next session.
4) The therapy chairs will be placed 2 metres apart with the client’s chair closest to the door to maintain a safe distance.
5) Regretfully, I will not be accepting cash or debit card payments during this time. A link to the izettle payment screen, will be sent to your mobile phone. Just enter your card details as you would when shopping online.
6) In regard to face masks/coverings this is not necessary at the moment but you will be kept updated if this should change. However, if you wish to wear a face covering that will be permitted, if it makes you feel comfortable.
Face to Face Sessions could be withdrawn at short notice if the Welsh Government reinstate lock-down measures